I brought you this time an absolutely yummy recipe; Baked Penne Pasta with Béchamel sauce, this is a super simple quick meal that you will be making over and over again.
Penne Pasta with Bechamel is so common in Egyptian cuisine and they call it macarona bel bechamel literally means pasta with béchamel, traditionally Pasta and minced meat or sometimes a spiced up chicken are layered beautifully then topped with thick bechamel sauce (I’ll share that soon).
This time I’m making simple pasta with white sauce (no meat), starting by preparing the béchamel sauce then saucing the pasta and placing it into the oven it’s a masterpiece for pasta lovers, it taste yummy the first day, but far more flavourful the day after try it and let me know in the comments below, and don’t forget to check my other Pasta Recipes.
Baked Penne with Bechamel
A yummy recipe, Baked Penne Pasta with Béchamel sauce, Egyptian style.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 10g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 13g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ¼ cups milk, heated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet penne pasta
- Handful fresh Basil leaves.
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Boil water in a large pot add salt, cook penne according to package instructions, and drain. In the main-time make the bechamel.
- For the Bechamel Sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the flour and cook until smooth.
- Add the milk gradually, continuing to whisk until the sauce is creamy and thick.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper and stir in the nutmeg, the cheese (about ½ cup) and set aside.
- Saucing the Pasta: Transfer the pasta into a mixing bowl, pour in bechamel sauce, mix well to evenly coat all of the pasta, using a wooden spoon.
- Pour the creamy pasta into a greased baking dish, Sprinkle with basil leaves and remaining parmesan cheese, and bake in oven for 20 mints or until the top is golden brown.