Baked Vanilla Cheesecake
Write a review
2 hr 40 min
2 hr 40 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 37g
Saturated Fat 20g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 36g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 250g biscuits, made into fine crumbs
- 125g melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 200g castor sugar
- 370mls sour cream equivalent to 1 and half cup
- 3 eggs, room temprature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- handful chopped almonds
- handful fresh berries
- 2tbsp sifted icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced).
- Start with the crust: - add the melted butter (keep 1tbsp for the baking tray) to the biscuits crumbs, the vanilla extract and mix until well combined or process for 15 sec if using a food processor.
- Grease both base and sides of an 8 inches cake pan with a little of the melted butter remove the bottom of tray line it with baking paper and secure with the clasps, line the sides too.
- Spoon the crumb mixture into tin and press into base and sides using spoon or cup or your hand palm, tapping firmly, chill in the fridge while preparing the cheese ingredient
- In an electric mixer at medium-low speed beat cream cheese adding the sugar slowly until smooth followed by cornflour, vanilla extract, eggs one at a time, beating each time until just combined, add lemon juice followed by sour cream and beat briefly to smooth.
- Pour batter gently into tin and sprinkle the almond on the top, bake for 1 hour, then turn off oven but do not open door for another 1 hour or the cheesecake would sink
- Place the tin on a wire rack to cool and chill.
- Before serving run a knife around the sides carefully to lose the edges and unlock the clasps, transfer your cheesecake to serving dish and top with sifted icing sugar, you can serve it with berries (optional).
- Refrigerate your cheesecake for several hours before serving, preferably overnight.