Fishcake is a favourite for everyone, easy recipe to make, slightly messy but nothing a cloth could not get rid of.
My fish cakes are made with wild hake fish (not pre-cooked) and spices, no potatoes included, I mashed the fish using food processor and added spices, you can use tuna or salmon instead.
If you notice that the mixture is too wet you might add some breadcrumbs in. Also consider tasting it before forming the cakes to see if it needs additional seasoning.
These can be cooked from frozen so you can make a big batch of them and freeze (uncooked) only freeze them if the fish wasn’t frozen before (never re-freeze defrosted fish).
If you use frozen fish you need to cook the fishcakes first then freeze them. Also try to pack them in cling film to avoid moisture coming in.
I served them immediately with a mayonnaise Dip, you can click here for more fish recipes, and I would love you to leave me a comment below that makes me happy… thnx!!
Fish cake Recipe
Delicious fish cakes served with mayonnaise dip
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 4g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 41g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 5 hake fillets (500G), skinless, boneless and mashed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1tsp Dijon mustard paste
- 1tsp garlic ginger paste
- 1tsp onion powder
- 1tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups bread crumbs for the coating
- ½ cup sunflower oil for frying
- In a large bowl add mashed fish and the rest of the ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into balls and flatten each ball to about 1 inch thick, then place it in the breadcrumbs, turning it and pressing firmly to get an even coating of crumbs on all sides.
- Carefully place each cake in the pan and fry over a medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm while you deep-fry the rest of the cakes.