It is so important to eat healthy and well-balanced diet, the right foods can help you stay in shape and keep your body fit.
Fish is among the most nutritious and healthiest foods in existence; it contains high concentrations of protein, vitamin D and loaded with other essential nutrients, and to keep thing healthier, steamed vegetables are a must eat with fish. Plus studies show that eating fish with vegetables helps people live longer by reducing the risk of death by 20%.
The weekends are time to let loose, relax and enjoy meals with family, forget about deep frying and unhealthy snacks, no need to spend all your time cooking or buzz around the kitchen, here is one of my favourite recipes to whip up at the busy weekend… Fish with Steamed Vegetables, I love this recipe for so many reasons, it’s healthy, filled with flavour, light, satisfying and really easy to make.
So how to make that? First you need to marinate the fish fillets In the mixture of spices, garlic and lemon juice I’m using here Cod fish fillet boneless and skinless but you can use any fish of your choice, and feel free to change the spices in this recipe to suite your palate; the only reason I use these spices is because I think they taste same like any packaged fish MASALA but not too spicy. If you prefer the store bought ones you can get them from HERE or from any Indian/Pakistani store.
In main-time steam some vegetables for about 15 minutes I used frozen mixed veggies: diced carrots, peas and cauliflower.
Please find detailed instructions below on how to make the best Pan Seared Fish with Veggies Recipe
Fish with Vegetables
Need some speedy recipes Ideas for busy weekends? Try this healthy and quick fish recipe accompanied with veggies easy to prepare and kid-approved.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 24g
Dietary Fiber 7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 fillets cod fish, skinless and boneless
- 3 cups mix vegetables
- 1 lemon juice squeezed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp coriander
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp carom crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- 1 tbsp fenugreek leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl mix the spice, lemon juice and garlic marinate the fish and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile put some veggies into a steamer basket over about an inch of boiling water cover the pot and steam for about 15 minutes.
- Heat up a large non-stick frying pan to medium- high heat and brush with olive oil, then pan sear the fillets for about two minutes on both sides.
- Season the steamed vegetables with salt and pepper and serve accompanied with seared fish fillets.