Gnocchi with Tomatoes and Courgette
If you are potato gnocchi and courgette lover welcome... Every time we'd visit my grandmother she used to make this recipe for us..To this day the scent takes me back to my childhood.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 6g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 18g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 large Courgette (zucchini), sliced
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package prepared gnocchi
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- Spices:- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil, Sea Salt or normal and Ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook gnocchi according to package instructions until they float, 3 to 5 minutes, and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet, sauté the onion and add zucchini cook until softened, add the garlic, stirring often about 5 minutes, add the tomatoes stirring occasionally until they start breaking down, add the spices to the mixture and cover the pan, reduce the heat, bring it to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the gnocchi to the skillet, and mix carefully, let simmer together for a minute more.
- Remove the gnocchi mixture from the heat and place it into a nonstick baking dish.
- Take the cheese cubes and arrange them on top of the gnocchi mixture and bake it in the 350° preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top begins to brown.
- Let stand 3 minutes before serving and ENJOY!