Nothing says “I love you” like strawberries, isn’t it? What’s about strawberries with the addition of pomegranates.
So today let’s have a Taste of romance -especially the Valentine’s Day is here- with this creamy dreamy dessert looks as great as it tastes perfect for parties and it wows the guests too.
pomegranate and strawberry together wow just delicious as it sounds, I’ve never thought to combine the pomegranates and strawberries in one dessert as we all know that chocolate and
strawberries makes the best pair but they can be more tasty with pomegranates too.
my husband keeps bringing pomegranates from the supermarket, but I usually add them to salads, couscous or for garnishing, so this time I decided to add them to dessert but as a main ingredient and I needed something to pair it with then I said why not strawberries 😉
This red dessert is amazing the strawberry mousse texture goes very very well with the pomegranate sweetness and crunchiness heavenly delicious 😘 I made layers of strawberry mousse and pomegranate jelly topped with pomegranate seeds, so if you’re a strawberry lover and pomegranate lover I’m pretty sure you’ll love them both together.
Pomogranate and Strawberry Mousse
Have a taste of romance with this strawberry mousse and pomegranate jelly dessert.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 27g
Saturated Fat 16g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 44g
Dietary Fiber 2g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 pack of strawberries, washed, hulled and cut
- 500 g whipping cream
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- Pomegranate seed for topping
- In a small dish, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and allow to stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, macerate the strawberries by adding 4 tbsp sugar to them and allow to stand.
- Pour the whipping cream to a mixing bowl and start beating, once the cream begins to thicken add sugar and continue beating until the cream reaches desired consistency (do not over beating).
- Microwave the gelatin on high for about 25 to 40 seconds until hot, then set aside to cool.
- Meantime, pulse the strawberries a few times in a blender then blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add half of gelatin liquid and the strawberries puree to the cream and fold in gently with a spatula.
- Take another bowl and pour into it the pomegranate juice, add the other half of gelatin liquid and mix well.
- Place your serving glasses in a cupcake tray (or egg carton) on a diagonal and spoon in the strawberry mousse mixture evenly into each glass and refrigerate until set.
- Take the serving glasses out of the fridge with the mousse already set. Then, pour the pomegranate liquid.
- Place back to the refrigerator to chill for the whole night or until set.
- Garnish it with some pomegranate seeds and strawberries before serving if desire and Enjoy.