Homemade vegetable pakora to yum in Holy Ramadhan or Rainy day.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 51g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 Potato finely chopped (as thinly as you can).
- 1 tomato (thinly chopped).
- 1 onion finely chopped.
- 1 green chilli chopped.
- ¼ cup fresh chopped coriander.
- 1 ½ cup besan (gram flour).
- 1 cup of water for smoothing the batter.
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- ½ teaspoon baking soda (optional).
- Salt to taste.
- Oil for deep frying.
- Combine all the dried ingredients in a large bowl, Add the copped veggies and pour in the water and mix with hand until well coated and smooth.
- Into a large deep frying pan (Karahi) pour oil to a depth of 3 inches and heat to medium high heat.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter or using your hands grab a little bit of mixture at time and drop in the hot oil, fry in batches until golden brown, then remove and drain on kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutneys, yoghurt or ketchup