Shorbet Freek or Shorbet Freekeh is a common soup in north of Algeria and Tunisia, in this recipe we will make green-wheat soup, winter soup recipe on table in no time.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 15g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 8 ounces lamb meat.
- 1 large onion, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée.
- 1 canned chickpeas in water (precooked).
- 4 tablespoons vermicelli tagliati
- 4 tablespoons freek (greenweat)
- 1 Celery leafstalk
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped.
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder.
- 1 tablespoon salt.
- 1 tablespoon pepper.
- 3-4 cups of hot water.
- In a pressure-cooker sauté the onion in olive oil over low-medium heat, until translucent, add meat and spices, stir and combine to coat, cover and let cook for 3 mins, pour in hot water followed by chopped coriander, celery rib, tomato purée and bring to simmer.
- Cover the pressure-cooker and cook the meat for 30 mins or until tender.
- Uncover the pressure-cooker, and add in the chickpeas, Freek, and pasta (Vermicelli tagliati), cook for 10 mins.
- Garnish the soup with fresh chopped coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.