Hello everyone …
with Allah’s grace I’m happy to share the news of the arrival of a wonderful baby girl Alhamdulillah…you may have noticed that I didn’t post on my blog since September, the reason is that I was too busy looking after the little one and my 18 months old toddler, trying to cope well and playing scenarios over in my head about what sort of routine I will need! and how to manage between my small family and my blog it’s really a hard time especially as I don’t have family or friends in the area we live 🙁
But I m back finally with a tons of recipes and ideas to share with you, so today’s recipe is a colourful, tangy, sweet, refreshing summer salad If you are a mango lover you’ll be hooked, You can also click here to see other Mango Recipes.
mangoes and salads are just what we need for the summer heat 🙂 …Okay I know it’s not summer yet, but there’s nothing like being prepared right? I’m going to pretend you all just said “of course yeah!” no worries let’s just get this baby on the menu early this year here is the detailed recipe
Arugula and Mango Salad
The ideal plate for summer! a very tasty mango salad with arugula in a tangy sweet dressing.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrates 45g
Dietary Fiber 5g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 package arugula
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 jalapeno, sliced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- Soft cheese, diced 4 kiri squares, (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to until well blended, set aside in fridge.
- Into a large salad bowl put the arugula, onion slices and jalapeno and pumpkin seeds.
- Just before serving add the mango cubes and soft cheese over.
- Pour the dressing and gently toss everything to coat.